ERM / ERS
duration: 5 days
o provide knowledge and skills to operate, supervise and monitor the safe operation and control of a ship’s machinery installation in accordance with provisions of Section A-III/1, A-VIII/2 and B-VIII/2 of the STCW 95 Code. In particular, the student will gain:
- Familiarization with the use of instrumentation and controls used in the engine-rooms of modern merchant ships.
- Awareness of the need for proper pre-planning, the use of checklists and of the timescales involved in start up procedures.
- Understanding and awareness of correct watch keeping procedures.
- Understanding of the way in which machinery units are interdependent experience in identifying operations problems and trouble-shooting them.
- The ability to make decisions, which promote the safety and efficiency of an operational plant.