When a chemical incident occurs, the Emergency Services need to talk to someone about the substance, its hazards and other response issues. They want to get their information from the supplier, distributor or trader and expect a rapid response to their questions in a language they can understand. This may sound simple, but it requires a carefully planned infrastructure and a guaranteed reliable response. You may feel that you know and understand these requirements – Hazmat 1st Response will ensure that you do! The training uses the Chemsafe scheme as the model for effective emergency response.
The training covers:
- An overview of the Chemsafe response arrangements.
- The role of the Fire Service and other organizations.
- An outline of the operational aspects of dealing with an incident.
- A detailed look at placards, labels and other documentation.
- The interpretation of Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Questions the Emergency Services will ask.
- 1st Response procedures.
The need to escalate the response. Hazmat course has been developed to support anyone providing information on, or attending, chemical incidents.
Hazmat Response training:
- Prepares you and your organization to deal with chemical incidents
- Helps you understand the demands that will be made on you
- Ensures that you know how to interpret the available information
- Helps you and your responders communicate effectively with the emergency services.
- Lays the foundation for dealing with more serious incidents requiring a higher level of response.