A detailed course that provides the necessary knowledge for all bridge officers that is needed to plan, evaluate and execute a voyage plan according to the STCW and the Bridge Team Management guide.
In particular the trainee after the completion of the course should be able to:
- Appreciate the advantages of passage planning.
- Know where to find the vital information needed for the planning.
- Learn which factors affect the planning of a voyage.
- Get accustomed to the elements and uses of the ocean, coastal and harbour plan.
- Plot all necessary information needed on the chart for the execution of the passage plan according to the requirements of STCW.
- Prepare a contingency plan for each phase of the voyage plan.
- Evaluate a voyage plan with the assistance of risk assessment and passage appraisal.
- Execute and monitor the voyage plan properly.